GraphQL fundamentals course
- 1-day course
- By attending GraphQL fundamentals and Advanced GraphQL you are eligible to get free access to the React + GraphQL and GraphQL + Node.js online courses.
- Almost every concept is demonstrated in our live coding sessions. You will learn by coding. We will create a real server-side rendered React application driven by GraphQL.
- Most courses will be held in Prague and London
High level roadmap
- Frontend boilerplate introduction:React.js, Next.js & Apollo.
- GraphQL server boilerplate: (Apollo server) and PostgreSQL database, knex.js query builder
- GraphQL technology introduction, GraphQL language
- GraphQL schema basics and GraphQL document basics
- Queries and mutations - writing our resolvers for basic CRUD operations
- GraphQL type system - output types, input types, output & input object types
- Modern React and Apollo introduction - Apollo client API, modern React features (React hooks in GraphQL)
- Queries with Apollo client. Loading and pagination
- Arguments and variables, create, update and delete mutation with Apollo client
- Introduction to Apollo Link and link composition - overview of the most important Apollo Links
- Authentication with JWT & writing user permissions
- Overview of hosting services, deployment of our application. Webpack builds, development and production environment
- Q&A - custom lecture based on participant interest